Jondayla

Jondy's app :)

Post by Jondayla »

Character Name:
Jondayla
Character Class and Spec:
Resto Druid since she was a wisp on Teldrassil
Offspec and relative proficiency:
Feral - not terrible if I play it for a while, terrible if I have to switch without warning. Of course, the fire kitty skin more than makes up for my incompetence.
Your timezone:
Server time. Australian Eastern? I don't know.
What rank are you applying for?
Core. Although, I'd be a pretty fabulous locum, since I don't get out much and am generally sitting next to the Raid Leader watching the raid whether I'm in it or not. It's not like I can even watch one of my stories since he's playing on the TV :(
Are you applying for one of our advertised vacancies? (Which one?)
Not really... I'm just testing out the template to see if it really is so excruciating to work with. So far, it's quite painless.
Have you discussed your application with anyone in game? Do you already know someone in the guild?
I did mention it to Borg. It's difficult to know whether he listened. He was listening to something loud and obnoxious on his headphones at the time (it wasn't me).
If applying for a Core rank, can you make our raid nights with 85% attendance?
I'm not raiding on my birthday unless someone makes it worth my while. And once in a blue moon I may get a better offer. I think I missed a whole week of raids last year, which was the first time since BC. I'm pretty darn reliable really.
Do you have Mumble (voice communication software)? (If not, there's a link on the front page of our website)
I have mumble but I do expect to be entertained by the mumble programmed content for the evening. If it gets boring, I may drift off. I have a very short attention span.
Are you able to, and comfortable with talking over mumble?
I don't talk because I sound girly. Also, no one listens. I used to not be able to talk because the lag distracted Borg or something. This one time, we attempted to raid lead 2 separate raids sitting next to each other. It didn't go well.
Tell us a little about your previous raiding experience.
I started raiding in Kara as a Resto Druid. I've only ever raided as a Resto Druid although my warlock did get a little run when she was useful on Illhoof. I despise meter driven healing and meters generally really. I think healing is a non competitive team sport. I play without addons with arthritis on a laptop with a touch pad. On a good day I'm a grump and on a bad day I can be sulky grump. If Kal isn't there, I'm a sad sulky grump. in fact, most nights I'm all of the Seven Dwarves rolled into one. Raiding wise, you'd have to say I'm a total catch.
Why did you leave your previous guild?
There were too many dwarves. Well, truth be told I don't know how many there were. There were too many casual raiders though, and after many years of towing and pushing we were exhausted. We needed to reassess how much time the game took in our week, and how much we enjoyed that time, and the people we spent it with. Fidelity was born to fulfill the need to simplify and downsize. We were pretty chuffed that some of our closest in game friends felt the same way and made it all happen.
Why do you want to join <Fidelity>?
We have a pally tank with impeccable dress sense and a pretty handsome raid leader. Also, Kal. And, we don't have too many dwarves....
What can you offer <Fidelity>?
To love, honour and obey (this isn't legally binding, is it?)
What do you think <Fidelity> can offer you?
Grown up company, a non aggressive, sometimes entertaining raiding environment and 9 hours of dwarf and mage jokes a week.
"It was my understanding that there would be no math"
Ash1

Re: Jondy's app :)

Post by Ash1 »

Id say humour her and let her raid, but not sure about the Dwarf hate. ;)
Estadoug

Post by Estadoug »

What do you think <Fidelity> can offer you?
A community with which to share your obvious enjoyment of spreadsheets, and a finer appreciation of maths jokes.
"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you win, they'll knock the pieces over, shit on the board and strut around like they're victorious"
Mef

Post by Mef »

Poor dwarves...brb stocking up on bandages :(